Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blogmas ~ Day 3

Hello Everyone!!! :D :D :D

Recently I have been trying to get into the Christmas spirit.. I decided that I would put up a blog post on things that get me into the Christmas spirit.

The number one thing that gets me into the Christmas spirit and that I wish I could do all year round.. is listen to Christmas music... The Christmas songs are so cheerful, so happy, and so joyous, they make me so happy... and I love listening to Christmas albums such as Michael Buble's Christmas Album, A Very Merry Perri Christmas by Christina Perri, Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red, and recently has fallen in love with Pentatonix's Christmas Album called, That's Christmas to Me. Of course who could forget about the classic Christmas songs such as Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman... and much much more!

The second thing that gets me into the Christmas spirit is putting up all the decorations. The first thing on my list is the tree. The lights need to be just right, the ornaments perfectly placed, the Angel to protect us very nicely placed on the top of the tree... The tree is one of my favourite things to do and prepare before Christ's arrival. As a tradition, we place the Nativity scene at the bottom of the tree in order to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas, how the Lord is coming and how he will be our savior.

The third thing that gets me into the Christmas spirit is the Christmas movies... I love watching the classic Christmas films to get me into the festivity of Christmas. Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, all of the Home Alone series, Jack Frost, and my absolute favourite film of the Christmas season, Borrowed Hearts. I love Christmas movies.

This year, specifically, I have this feeling of just being nice to others, doing good for the people who surround me. I want to help people who need it.... I want to give my jacket to someone who does not have one, I want to give food to people who are hungry, and want to make people feel like they belong, make people see and understand the joy in Christmas. We should all be happy this time of year, no matter who, no matter what, we should be spending time with the people whom we love the most and that is what Christmas is all about. Christmas is not about the gifts, not about the money, but about the people who surround us, the people that we love and sharing joy around the world.

What are things that help you get into the Christmas spirit? What are your favourite songs, favourite movies?

I hope everyone is having a GREAT month of December!

Lots of Love
~XOXO~
Réa Réa